Hardwood Flooring Tips For Your Baton Rouge Home
As time goes on, homeowners are always looking to improve their houses. Especially if those improvements mean increasing their homes’ value or extending the life of their home. When it comes to flooring, this usually means throwing out that outdated shag carpet and upgrading to a beautiful hardwood flooring in their Baton Rouge home. However, many homeowners don’t know where to begin or wonder what they’re getting into. But don’t worry, hardwood flooring may seem daunting, but it’s actually easy to install and a beautiful choice for almost any home. Discover more with the professionals from STONE.
Everything in the home needs maintenance sometimes. For some items, this can be as little as sweeping now and then. Because of the beauty and strength that comes from hardwood flooring, many people worry they won’t be able to maintain their new floors. However, it is much easier than you might think.
- To lessen the amount of dirt, simply place floor mats both inside and outside exterior doors. Additionally, a place to put your shoes by the door is another helpful way to reduce dirt and scuffing.
- When it comes to cleaning, there are a few things you want to do. The first being to make sure to dust your floors weekly for optimal shine! We suggest using a vacuum or a tool with disposable electrostatic cloths—such as a Swiffer.
- Wood hates water. But you do need to mop every so often to remove any grime or bacteria. Just make sure to have the mop damp to the touch (not soaking!) and to clean any spills as soon as possible.
- Using furniture pads also reduces the possibility of scuffing or scratching. Plus, these pads also remove that horrible noise when your furniture moves suddenly.
- Of course, using the right hardwood floor cleaner monthly keeps the finish bright and shiny as well.
By following these steps, your flooring should last for many years to come. Don’t keep replacing carpeting every few years. Do yourself a favor and get the hardwood flooring you need for your Baton Rouge home.
Installation With STONE
Take engineered hardwood flooring, for example. This beautiful alternative flooring is perfect for those who love a good wood floor but can’t quite afford the price of solid hardwood. By compressing layers of high-quality plywood together, engineered hardwood looks exactly like the original solid hardwood you love, at a fraction of the cost.
On top of alternative options, there’s also a large selection of choices! Do you know what style you’re looking for? STONE has an option available to get the design you’re trying to achieve. Just ask our team to help.
During our installation, we provide the utmost care to your cabinets, appliances, walls, and trim. Our employees also determine the best installation process for your new floor, as well as which glue is right for you. Discover more by giving us a call!
Get Your Hardwood Flooring For Your Baton Rouge Home
Don’t settle for less and get the hardwood flooring you need for your Baton Rouge home with the professionals at STONE. If you’re ready to begin, give us a call at our Lobdell location. On the other hand, if you have any questions, send us a message online and one of our representatives will answer as soon as possible. We’re happy to help you make your home look better than ever!